Books are best

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Those darn kids!

So David and I were on our way to a nice, rare date Saturday evening, thanks to the grandparental babysitting task force. While driving down the road a pack of about ten pre-teen skate punk boys appeared on the edge of the street, with a couple of particularly stupid ones darting out to race across the street directly in front of our car. My reaction to this, I think, qualifies me to participate in the coot-off, contending with the fierce competition of David and Alex. I uttered the following quotes out loud, during the rest of the seven minute trip (this is why David loves St. Paul...nothing is too far).
"You like roadkill so much you want to be it?"
"What are you, a pack of squirrels?"
"Get out of my f**king way, you bunch of dumb asses."
"Skate boarding is, in fact, a crime, if you're acting like that."
"You think you're tough? Try working for a living!"
I am so old. Watch out, Ted Stevens.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The squirrels love you. Do not harm the squirrels.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently highland village is quite the hangout for today's tuff youths. which is funny to me, and also makes me kinda sad. there should be a cooler spot for them to congregate and follow the fashion trends.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home