Books are best

Thursday, December 20, 2007

That which does not blow

Just finished this book. It is wonderful. Who thought such grisly details of whaling could be so riveting? Well, I should have for one, given my deep appreciation and dare i say love of Moby Dick. This is the true story that served as Melville's inspiration...it is griping in its own right and very well told in this book. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Vicious whales do make for some good stories.
(I just noticed that "Search Inside" is trademarked by Amazon. Is that possible?)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. If you've never read Moby Dick because you're intimated, you should read this book. (Then read Moby Dick anyway. It's worth it!) If you've read Moby Dick, read this book.

This book is a real page turner. It's right up there with Shackelton, the Donner party, and Alive!

-David

P.S.: posting anonymously because I can't remember my password and my password database is currently inaccessible. Anyone think all this security crap is overrated? What if we all just believed people were who they said they were? Isn't that what we do in real life?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I remember where you got this book. Somehow I had 2 copies, and I gave one to Mr. Clement. YOu are welcome, and thank thee.

Regarding security -- David, freedom isn't free!

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home