Books are best

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pulchritude

meaning: loveliness, beautiousness, fairness; from the Latin.
This word has been a hot topic at work this week. Patrick used it, and I admitted to being unfamiliar with it. (I give myself props for admitting I didn't know something, and my desire to learn.) This took on a life of its own, especially when the very next day (no lie) he randomly came across this article:
The first line reads "Dr. Carol Coke, leading exponent of feminity and pulcritude..."
Yeah. The paper is The Minneapolis Twich: A Consolidation of Mpls. Spasm & Minnesota Jerk, (clearly a bit of a gag) from September 10, 1942.
This is what we do for fun. I love my job.

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I'm unfamiliar with the word "crap".

12:34 PM  
Blogger bookgirl said...

what are you calling crap?

1:12 PM  
Blogger David said...

"The way these newspapers have been published is a bunch of crap." Her pulchritudinous word, not mine.

4:31 PM  
Blogger bookgirl said...

oh yeah. maybe i should thoroughly read stuff before posting it...ah, no, thanks.

7:04 PM  
Blogger The Head Fake said...

That's got to be the best title for a publication ever. It's not even close.

Jay K

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home