Books are best

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Reading

For a blog called Books are Best, I talk surprisingly little about books.
This is what I'm reading now:
Beyond Good and Evil - Nietzsche. This is for St. John's Alumni Seminar. I enjoy reading N...he's a hoot. He's crotchety, crazy, and doesn't really give a damn. Philosophy as fun...until the specter of his evil influence comes into view, as it always does. Fun, over. This as part of our Ethics theme.
Mansfield Park - Austen. This is for book group at work. I am totally excited that they agreed to do this. I did not love Pride and Prejudice, unlike everyone else on earth, but am enjoying this. Not really sure why...maybe because it is such another world it feels like a vacation.
New issues of Virginia Quarterly Review and the London Review of Books have arrived as well. Maybe I'll read those when I start Against the Day (eek! Heidi!) as they will be easier to carry around than that thing.
To borrow from Slimbolala, what are you reading?

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Theophilus North by Thorton Wilder (how many books have you read about Rhode Island?)

The Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel (yeah, I know)

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home